Tagging. It is one of the simplest yet most useful tools on Instagram.
Whether you want to show off who’s in your photo, give credit to a photographer in your caption, or grab someone’s attention in the comments, tagging is how you do it.
There are 5 ways to tag someone on Instagram. With Instagram you can tag someone in a new post, an existing post, a comment or a story.
2. Open Instagram, tap the + icon at the top right of your screen and choose to post.
3. Choose the photo you want to post and tap “next”
4. Edit the photo and tap next
3. Tap “Tagging People”
4. Tap the section in the photo where you want to tag someone
5. Find the account you want to tag and select it
Pro Tip: If you’re a local business that tags your location in your content, encourage your customers to tag your business location as well. This gives anyone looking at that location a broader perspective of what it’s like in your business.
If your business doesn’t have a physical location, you can use tags close to where you live or travel, including locations, events, or anything else related to your business that’s in a physical location. I don’t recommend adding a location tag to every Instagram post, but doing it strategically will help you reach more people with your posts.
1. Open your Instagram app.
2. Go to your profile and find the post you want to tag someone in.
3. Tap the three dots above the photo or video and select ‘Edit’.
4. Tap “Tag people” and enter their name or username, then tap to select the correct user.
Technically you can’t tag people in a comment, this is called mentioning and not tagging. But you can mention their username and you will get the same result. Here’s how.
1. Tap the speech bubble icon below a message to post a comment.
2. Type your message (if necessary), then type “@” and start entering the person’s Instagram username.
3. Tap the correct username to tag them in your comment.
1. Tap the camera icon in the top left corner of your screen (or swipe right when viewing your feed).
2. Take a photo or video to create your story (or select one by tapping the thumbnail of your last photo in the bottom-left corner of the screen), then tap the “Aa” option in the top-right corner.
3. Type “@” and start entering their username and select the person you want to tag by tapping their username when it appears.
Tagging someone in your story will create a link to that person’s Instagram profile.
The person you tag in your story will receive both a push notification and a direct message in the app with a preview of your story – and keep in mind that you are limited to 10 of these tags per photo or video story. So you can’t tag more than 10 people.
Only the content creator can tag people in the post itself, but an @mention can be done by anyone for any content.
You might be wondering why you would want to tag an account when you could just @mention them. Well, there are two reasons.
First, @mentions appear in the regular notification feed and can easily get lost. The notification feed only shows the 100 most recent notifications. So if an account gets 200 notifications, they won’t see the first 100; they only see the last 100. However, when you tag that account, it will show up in a separate notification. This allows you to stand out from the other notifications and ensure that the account has seen your content.
The second reason is that when an account is tagged on Instagram, the content is posted in a separate tab on their Instagram profile. The tagged content basically becomes a giant gallery of user-generated content about the brand.
That said, there is a downside to only tagging an account on Instagram and not @mentioning it. Although the tag on a post lists all the accounts tagged, most users will not tap the content to see who is tagged in it and to see the accounts that have been mentioned. In this case, it’s best to @mention all those tagged accounts in the caption as well, so that the average user reading it sees those usernames too.
The buy from followers is the fastest way to make your Instagram page instantly more popular of course, this will also attract more organic followers. In addition, buying followers is 100% safe for your profile and it is well known that the biggest and most famous influencers in the world have more than 25% fake followers on average .