Welcome to the Topic “How to Remove Phone Number from Instagram”
Instagram allows you to connect with friends and family. Instagram has a function that enables you to discover people by using their phone numbers or usernames. However, you may choose to remain private and do not want your contacts to be able to discover your Instagram account using your phone number. If someone has your phone number in their contact book, they may quickly locate you on Instagram. Furthermore, if your phone number is in their contact list, Instagram will show your profile to them as suggested for you.
You may be wondering how to delete your Instagram phone number. To keep your account hidden from individuals who have your number in their contact book, you may simply erase your phone number from Instagram. As a result, we have created a guide for you to follow if you want to remove your phone number from Instagram.
People want to delete their phone numbers from Instagram since they have a public account and don’t want their contacts to be able to quickly discover them on the network.
To finish the operation, we often have to fill out a form or visit an online page and provide our phone number. If you don’t want to be monitored on Instagram by stalkers using your phone number, you may consider deleting your phone number from your Instagram account.
Unlinking your phone number from Instagram is the easiest way to remove it. We’ll go through how to unlink your phone number from Instagram using both the Instagram app and the Web Version for those who don’t have access to the app.
It is important to note that after you delete your phone number from your Instagram account, you will no longer be able to discover your connections on Instagram. Furthermore, if you forget your password, you will be unable to utilize the phone number-based authentication option.
If you just have one Instagram account, you may attach your email address to it instead of your phone number. In the event of a hacking attempt and the need to reset the password remotely, having a single point of contact is critical. If your email address is connected to another Instagram account, you will be unable to remove your phone number.
Before you may remove the phone number associated with your account, you must first add an email account and validate it. After that, you may proceed to unlink your phone number from Instagram by following these steps:
Before we go into the procedure for disconnecting your phone number from your Instagram account, it’s important to understand that if you remove your number from your Instagram account, you won’t be able to discover people from your contact list on Instagram.
Furthermore, if you forget your password, you will be unable to restore it by using your phone number. As a result, before you begin, ensure that you have included an email address in case you forget your password. To unlink your phone number from your Instagram account, follow these steps:
1. Open Instagram on your smartphone and log in to your account; if you have already done so, go to the next step.
2. Tap the Profile symbol in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Click Edit Profile just underneath the bio section.
4. Scroll down and touch on Personal Information Settings under Edit Profile.
5. If you haven’t already, enter an email address under Personal Information Settings. After entering an email address, delete the cellphone number by tapping on it.
6. Click Next to save your changes.
Following the completion of these steps, your phone number will be erased from Instagram.
If you’re using Instagram on a desktop or laptop and don’t know how to erase the phone number from Instagram, try these steps:
1. Launch a web browser and enter www.instagram.com in the search box. 2. Log in to your account using your username and password. You may also use Facebook to connect.
2. After signing in, click on the profile icon in the top-right area of the screen.
3. Now, from the drop-down menu, pick the Profile section.
4. From the top, choose Edit Profile.
5. Scroll down to the phone number field and remove your phone number from the text area.
6. After you’ve removed the number, click the Submit button.
Instagram will delink your phone number from your account when you click the Submit button.
If your friends have connected their phone numbers to Instagram, you may sync your contacts to discover them. However, if you no longer want Instagram to sync your contacts, follow the instructions below:
1. Launch the Instagram application. Navigate to your profile.
2. Tap the hamburger menu in the upper right corner.
3. Navigate to Settings > Account.
4. Select Contacts Syncing.
5. Deactivate the Connect Contacts toggle.
You already learned how to delete your phone number from Instagram, but what happens if you are unable to remove your phone number from Instagram? In this instance, we recommend that you attempt to delete it from the online version. If you are unable to erase your phone number, it might be due to a bug in the phone app. So, if you browse Instagram on your desktop or laptop, you may be able to delete your phone number from your profile area.
Instagram makes it easy for all of its users to connect with individuals all around the globe. If you wish to keep in touch with your contacts, it is better if your phone number stays linked to your account. Otherwise, if you want some privacy in this app, you can simply change your email address and enjoy the experience privately. If you know the appropriate procedures to take, disconnecting the contact data and desyncing your contacts is simple.
Have any questions regarding the topic “How to Remove Phone Number from Instagram” feel free to comment below.