Welcome to the Topic “How to post a picture on Instagram?”
Because the Instagram mobile app has been updated multiple times over the last few years, it is possible that you are unsure of the location of the button that allows you to begin posting on the platform if you haven’t done so in some time.
You are in luck if you are acquainted with the mobile application and have wished that you could publish to Instagram from your computer in the same smooth way as the mobile application. A function that is comparable to the way posts are made on Instagram mobile apps was only recently introduced to the desktop website version of Instagram.
This guide will walk you through posting on Instagram from your computer or mobile device.
1. At the top of your screen, you’ll see a plus (+) icon
Do you see the plus symbol [+] in the very top left corner of the screen? That should serve as your point of departure. Simply clicking on the plus sign will get you ready for the next stage, which is down below.
2. Select an image or video from your gallery, or take a new one
Instagram will display the photographs that are currently stored on your mobile device. Pick one of them to share on your page. In the event that you do not already own an image that you would want to utilize, you may shoot a picture or video from inside the Instagram app by selecting the camera icon and following the on-screen instructions.
Click the arrow button that is located in the upper right corner of the app once you have finished selecting and cropping a picture (or carousel of many photos).
3. Upload many pictures to your Instagram account.
Do you want to emphasize each of the photographs in a collection that you have uploaded? Using Instagram’s carousel function, you are able to accomplish this goal.
Touch the symbol that looks like stacked squares when you first want to tap a picture or video. This icon is located immediately above your photographs on the right side of the screen. After you have selected this option, a number will appear in the upper right-hand corner of each picture and video that you choose. This number indicates the position in the carousel where the material will be shown.
4. Crop the picture down to size.
On Instagram, you are not restricted to uploading images that are just square in shape. You may truly share photographs in either the horizontal or vertical orientation. On the Library screen, you can view more of your picture by pinching the screen when it shows the photo you have picked.
Despite the fact that Instagram users may choose between horizontal and vertical orientations for their photos, the photos themselves still need to adhere to a certain set of dimensions. Therefore, it is possible that you may need to crop out a very small portion of your photograph in order to make it fit.
5. Select a filter.
Instagram provides a total of 24 filters; to browse through them, scroll to the right and then click on any filter to get a sample of how it will appear on your picture.
By default, the filter will be used at its maximum level of effectiveness. However, if you want to reduce the strength of the filter’s impact, you may do so by double-clicking the filter tile after it has been applied. This will bring up a scale picker, which will enable you to adjust the level of the effect.
You may also make more adjustments to the picture by tapping the wand icon located at the top of the screen.
In the past, posting content from a computer required you to go through a complicated procedure in order to make Instagram believe you were working from a mobile device.
The good news is that Instagram has introduced a brand new built-in functionality that makes it possible to submit content from its desktop website in the same streamlined manner as from its mobile app. This is the procedure for posting from a computer.
1. Using a desktop web browser, go to Instagram’s website and sign in if prompted to do so.
2. To make a new post, go to the top of the page and click the symbol that looks like a plus sign.
3. Drag and drop video or picture files into the pop-up box that opens, or choose them from your computer by clicking the Select from computer button.
4. The window will now display the picture that you have chosen. You may zoom in on the picture and crop it using the magnifying glass symbol in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Alternatively, you can use the icon with the two arrows to the left of that to pick a certain aspect ratio for the post. Click the circle with overlapping squares in the bottom right corner of the screen, and then touch the + symbol that appears to add media. This will allow you to upload other photos. When you are finished, click the Next button.
5. To alter the levels of brightness, contrast, and other components, choose a filter from the dropdown menu or click the Adjustments tab. Then you should click the Next button.
6. Either click the picture to tag accounts, use the form to the right of the image to add a description, location, or alt text (using the choice for Accessibility), or turn off commenting. Alternatively, you may turn off commenting by clicking the photo (via the Advanced settings dropdown). After that, choose the Share option to publish the image to your Instagram feed.
To create photographs on Instagram that seem excellent, you need to adhere to these four principles:
1. Making use of the foundations of photography
2. Being aware of your target demographic
3. Making a name for yourself
4. Posting Consistently
Since you now understand how to post to Instagram, you are able to start developing content for the site and interacting with the people who follow you there. If you own a company or a brand, you will need a good plan in order to achieve engagement and exposure among your target audience.
Have any questions regarding the topic “How to post a picture on Instagram?“ feel free to comment below.
Your cart is currently empty.